Saturday, March 8, 2008

Finally...

Finally, we have come to the end of our project as the due date is approaching. I'm glad to see the outcome of our project as a group and the information that we could come up with in such a short time frame. Throughout this project, I've learn more about energy-saving in the real world and the things that have been done by companies globally to commit to this issue. Although the path towards the completion of this project is not easy, it has been an eye-widening experience as this is the first time I've posted so many blogs!!lol. Of course, my group members are the best people to work with as I feel we could work things out so well. Thanks guys! :) This project has widened my knowledge about the energy-saving and the technical details that lead to the energy-saving components and products. The ongoing research and development undertaken by firms globally to continually improve their processes has lead to many innovative products in the market. These firms deserved the recognition as their commitment has lead to the awareness of reducing wastage of resources, especially energy. This is a never-ending process as new and more innovative products would constantly replaced the old models, however this will benefit the community of the world. There are guides that teaches basic steps to save energy at homes and in offices by many non-profit societies and bodies around the world. I feel that awareness campaign should be held to encourage energy-saving attitudes and behaviors in the people. I'd enjoy the research and understanding done to produce this project. The models created by many operations management gurus has widened and increased my knowledge on the topics of this project. I strongly believe that the acceptance of energy-saving devices would be much welcomed by consumers worldwide and Pensonic should engage this features in its products. Throughout this project, I have enjoyed reading the posts by my group members on their components as this lead to our analysis on Pensonic. This has change my perception on corporate social responsibility issues as now I know that anyone and everyone could contribute towards improving the society and condition of the world. It is a good attitude and examples shown by corporate companies in giving back to the society. I have a better understanding of corporate social responsibility now. Lastly, I would like to thank Dr.Ellisha on the knowledgeable lectures and constant support to enable us to complete this project. I would also like to thank my group members, Mei Mei, Han Yang and Mei Syn on the effort and support they gave towards the completion of this project. It has been great working with you and I would like to extend my gratitude for the jobs well done. You guys deserve a big pat on your shoulders. Once again, thank you :-)

No comments: